- DIMENSIONS:12.20in x 12.20in x 16.38in
Efficient Cooling Technology
• The exclusive use of internationally recognised high-performance compressors and of the titanium coaxial heat exchanger,
ensures high performances. The set of technologies used allows you to decrease noise levels and achieve the highest
COP-Coefficient Of Performance contributing to significant energy savings.
• The setting of functions is intuitive and the temperature detection is accurate, resolution 0.1 °C/0.2°F. The setting range
is 5°-35°C (41°F – 95°F) and there is a closed loop temperature control system with high accuracy and extremely tight
differential (0.5°C/1°F). Displayed temperatures are in °C or °F and there are security alarms.
• The chiller, with its innovative design, is characterized by a solid structure designed to guarantee a perfect protection against rust.
The user will appreciate the functionality of the shape and the compact size, which makes the chiller ideal also for confined spaces.
Unique Product Features
• The TECO body-condenser SYSTEM represents another major achievement: besides performing its main function as an integral
part of the structure, the condenser confers an exclusive and original design to the chiller. Moreover, it makes the use of the filter
unnecessary, thus eliminating the cleaning problems normally associated with it.
• In this model, the heater is absent.
- +WIFI READY
- Supply – 230V-50Hz (others supplies available on quantity)
- Cooling Power Consumption – 225 W
- Ecological Gas – R134a
- Min. Flow Rate – – 400 lt / h
- Tank Size – up to 500 lt ( water temp. 25°C – Room temp. 30°C – Heating load 0,5 w/lt)
- Dimensions – mm. 310 x 310 x 416 (h)
- Connections – fitting 3/4″ – 16mm int. tube diameter
TECO Chillers Before purchasing any chiller you should consider all the points below. !!!
All TECO TK chillers from the TK 500 upwards can chill. Simply set the chiller your desired temperature and the chiller
will hold you aquarium at that temperature. This is a highly efficient way of maintaining your aquariums temperature without the use of external heaters.
When purchasing a chiller there are many things to consider beyond price and looks. It must be remembered that an aquarium chiller takes heat out
of the aquarium, it doesn’t put cold in. The water returning from the chiller unit is colder than the water entering the chiller but this is because the heat
has been removed and not cold put in.
As we have established above, a chiller removes heat from the aquarium. The chiller unit then has to discharge that heat somewhere in exactly the same
manner as the fridge in your kitchen does. If you feel the back of your refrigerator it will be warm; this is because it is removing heat from inside the fridge.
If your chiller is located in an unventilated cupboard under your aquarium it will simply recycle that heat and drastically impede the chiller’s performance,
so ventilation and air space are essential for the correct working of your chiller.
Sources of heat
Your aquarium may be located in a room where the temperature can fluctuate between 20°c-30°c, which can have a significant impact on the inhabitants
of your aquarium. Heat is generated by just about every electrical item you have in, on, above and in the sump of your aquarium. Pumps, lights, UVs, power
skimmers, etc, all add heat to your aquarium. Please also consider the location of your pipe-work to and from your chiller. There is no point locating your chiller
in a well-ventilated location then running your pipe-work directly under a heat source such as a metal halide light. Consider insulating this pipe-work if possible.
This is crucial if you are to get the best out of your investment in a chiller.
DO NOT subtract volume for displacement of rock and decor in the aquarium as these items will also hold heat. It must also be remembered that dark objects
such as rock will absorb heat from your lighting. It is a false economy and will not achieve the results you require to undersize your chiller. Remember, if the chiller
is too small it may not work at all! It is also very important to ensure your chiller has the correct flow rate for the model you are using. Too little or too much flow
will also impede your chiller’s performance.